Hon’ble Adv. Rajendra B. Raghuvanshi , B. Com, LL. B
Advocate, High Court, Bombay
Former Additional Solicitor General of India
Bar Council of India
Bar Council of Maharashtra & Goa
An eminent lawyer Hon’ble Adv. Rajendra B. Raghuvansi, former Additional Solicitor General of India, has made valuable contribution to Nandurbar Taluka Vidhayak Samiti. When he was the chairman of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa, he noticed that the knowledge of law was not reaching the doorsteps of the tribal people of Nandurbar district. The institutes imparting legal education were confined to metropolis only. It was his vision that even the tribal youths of Nandurbar district should get easy access to the legal education. With his untiring efforts he was able to fulfil his dream in the form of College of Law and Institute of Legal and Research Nandurbar. Now the Law College Nandurbar is a well established institute providing legal education not only at graduation level but also an aspirant from Nandurbar can all the way pursue post graduation in law without leaving the campus.
Hon’ble Adv.R.B.Raghuvanshi in brief:
- In 1981 - Passed LL. B from the I. L. S. Law College, Pune. Was Debate Secretary of the Students’ Counsel. National Debater.
- In 1981 - Enrolled as an Advocate and started practice on Appellate Side in the Chamber of K. J abhyankar of the Bombay High Court, Mumbai. Conducted various matters in the Bombay High Court.
- In 1987-88 – Elected youngest Secretary of the Western India Advocates’ Association, High Court, Mumbai. Appointed Assistant Government Pleader on behalf of the State of Maharashtra for constitutional bench, in the Bombay High Court, Mumbai. Conducted various type of constitutional matters on behalf of the State.
- In 1990 – Elected as youngest Vice-President of the Western India Advocates’ Association, High Court, Mumbai
- In 1996 – Resigned as Assistant Government Pleader for State of Maharashtra and started private practice in the Bombay High Court, on Appellate Side. Worked as Panel Counsel for Union of India in the Bombay High Court, Mumbai. Also conducted various cases on behalf of the various Municipal Councils, Municipal Corporations, Agriculture Produce Market Committees, Cooperative Sugar Factories, Cooperative Milk Federations, Zilla Parishads, District Central Cooperative Banks and North Maharashtra University and Private Individuals. Worked as Special Counsel for Election Commissions of India and State Maharashtra Election Commission. Worked as Special Counsel for State of maharashtra before Justice Mane Commission of Enquiry at Aurangabad.
- In 2007 appointed as an Additional Solicitor General of India in High Court of Mumbai, Maharastra
BAR COUNCIL ACTIVITIES
- In 1998 - Elected Chairman of Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa unanimously and started various Welfare Schemes for the Lawyers in the State and also started regional office of the State Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa at Aurangabad. Conducted various seminars and conferences on behalf of the Bar Council of Maharashtra and Goa.
- In 2004 – Elected Member of Bar Council of India from Maharashtra and Goa unanimously.
- In 2006 - Elected Vice-Chairman of Bar Council of India unanimously. Organised various Seminar and Conferences on behalf of the Bar Council of India and also organizes meeting of Members of Parliament from legal field.
- In 2006 – Member in Executive Council of National Law School of India University, Bangalore.
Participation in International Conferneces:
- In 2004 - Participated in “ International Bar Association Conference” at Auckland, New Zeland and also visited various Universities imparting Legal Education in Australia.
- In 2005 – Visited Pakistanon Goodwill visit.
- In 2005 - Participated in “ Commonwealth Lawyers’ Conference” at London, U. K.
- In 2006 - Participated in “ International Bar Association Conference” at Chicago, U.S.A.
- In 2007 - Participated in “ International Bar Association Conference” at Bangkok, Thailand.
- In August 2007 – Invited by American Bar Association to participate at their guest in their annual meeting at San Francisco
- In September 2007 – Speaker in Commonwealth Law Conference at Nairobi, Kenya.
- In May 2008 - Invited by the Government of UK to discuss matters of mutual interest with Law Secretary of England, Bar Council of England on behalf of BAR COUNCIL OF INDIA.
As a chief organizer, successfully organised the opening ceremony of Nandurbar Taluka Vidhayak Samiti’s Golden Jubilee year. It was inaugurated at the auspicious hands of Her Excellency the President of India Smt. Pratibhatai Patil feb 24 th 2012 at Nandurbar.